Montessori is a method of education that is based on self-directed activity, hands-on learning, and collaborative play. In Montessori classrooms, children make creative choices in their learning, while the classroom and the teacher offer age-appropriate activities to guide the process.
One of the greatest benefits of the Montessori Method, particularly during the early learning experience, is the focus on hands-on learning.
Our curriculum promotes four aspects of achievement:
- The ability to express oneself in oral and written form and, where appropriate, to remember facts accurately and use them constructively.
- The ability to apply knowledge through practical tasks, problem-solving, investigation skills, and the use of oral and written language.
- The development of personal and social skills, such as the ability to work with others and take on a leadership role within a group.
- The development of confidence that comes through self-discipline and the commitment to learn and persevere even when tasks seem difficult.
“The main purpose of a Samskrithi Academy is to provide a carefully planned, stimulating environment which will help the child develop an excellent foundation for creative learning”
Samskrithi Academy Classrooms
Samskrithi Academy has specific and deliberate classroom expectations that ensure order, consistency, and motivation throughout the day.
Our classrooms have a qualified teacher and a teaching assistant. This class size is optimal to allow individualized attention to students’ needs and still allow for quality interaction among students.
We believe one should not limit a child’s potential for growth. We approach each student with the confident attitude that he or she will grow and prosper in our program.
The structure of the classroom is a critical component of education. Samskrithi Academy unique classroom design allows for both group instruction and quiet, individualized study. With our extensive curriculum, we provide all students with a friendly, safe learning environment. Samskrithi Academy has specific and deliberate classroom expectations that ensure order, consistency, and motivation throughout the day.
What makes Samskrithi Academy’s Montessori unique?
- Montessori is a method of education that is based on self-directed activity, hands-on learning, and collaborative play. In Montessori classrooms, children make creative choices in their learning, while the classroom and the teacher offer age-appropriate activities to guide the process
- Samskrithi Academy has developed the Montessori Method of education for the development of the child. It is an approach that values the development of the child – physical, emotional, social, cognitive skills. There are a few ways which make Montessori methods unique.
- The learning process is very unique in the Samskrithi Academy. Here, Child can learn multiple activities such as the skill of concentration, self-growth, learn to make independent choices, self-motivation, personal responsibility, experience the joy of learning, social skills and engagement.
- The role of the Samskrithi Academy teacher functions as a designer of the environment, role model, demonstrator, coaching, guiding, and inspiring the students, and the best observer of each
- We arrange 3 to 5 classrooms for a full three hour work period in the morning. A toddler classroom has a two hour work period. Hence, a longer period of uninterrupted work allows the child to explore, deeply engage in an activity and develop their capacity to concentrate and allow them to take challenging work.
- Samskrithi Academy maintains separate classrooms for different age groups. So that, teachers can focuses on the student’s behaviour and growth. Also, multi-age kids are grouped together to know each other and younger kids learn from older ones. And elder kids support the younger ones by sharing what they know.